“The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why” -Mark Twain
What is a person’s Identity?
- Your identity is simply who you are.
- It is what’s most important to you and what you value the most.
What is my Identity rooted in?
- My job? What if lose my job or lose the capacity to do my job?
- My looks? What happens when I age? What if I have an accident?
- Things? What if I can’t afford to keep my things? What happens when my things wear out?
- Friends? We all know “friends” can be here today gone tomorrow.
- Attention from others? What must I do to get the attention of others? Or keep the attention of others?
What is a person’s Purpose?
- Your purpose is why you are here.
- It is the reason for which you exist.
What determines what our Purpose is?
- Your identity determines what your purpose is. “Because this is who I am, this is what I do.”
- The living out of your purpose tells the story of who you are.
At the end of your life what will your story tell about you? Were you selfish with your time, with what you have, with your efforts? Or were you designed for a greater purpose?
Where do we find our True Identity and Purpose?
- We can know what our true identity and purpose are by knowing more about the One who designed us.
God also has a story going on and His story is recorded in the Bible. God’s story reveals His Identity and His Purpose. It tells about who He is and what He is doing and how our own story fits into His grand story.
Some of life’s most important questions are answered in His story. These are questions that every person has. How we answer these questions frames every aspect of our lives: how we think, how we live, how we work, how we interact with people.
Come explore with us as we look at The Beginning, The Problem, The Fix and The Outcome.